Sunday, March 22, 2009

Patco Ride


Patco Ride
Originally uploaded by srtists13
Scanned negative.

Film:
Ilford Delta 3200 speed film

Shot @:
Aperture: F. 11
Shutter: 1/125

This was my first time shooting with Ilford Delta B&W film and I absolutely loved it!
I know a lot of people who would prefer to shoot down around an ISO of 50 or even 25 because they absolutely hate grain. I, on the other hand believe there is always a place for any type of film out there, otherwise why wold they make it. Personally I enjoy taking shots in the city with higher speed films because i think the slightly visually unsettling qualities that accompany large gain work really well with my idea of the city. I grew up in a small town in the suburbs and ya know how they like to keep those areas as clean and pleasant looking as they can, well for me cities are the opposite. They've got this really down to earth, tough, dirty, nitty-gritty, appearance to them, and I love it! So whenever I go for a photo shoot in the city I always try and make sure i've got some 3200 speed film with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment