Thursday, April 2, 2009

German Medal 2


German Medal 2
Originally uploaded by srtists13
Scanned and inverted negative 4x5 direct print from camera.

My apologies, I can't recall any of the shooting or printing details for this image. (I neglected to write them down)
This is my favorite pin so i decided to create a little series out of it. Nothing too fancy because the pin is elaborate enough; no need to add confusion, simple texture and lighting would suffice I figured.
I was hoping that the target would be the most in focus portion of the image rather than the metal "Rifle" bar but, so it goes. I still am pleased with the outcome and especially like the stark contrast in the image. For some reason it makes me feel like the image is or the medal is very strict and military-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment